Wednesday

Front Cover Research



To start I looked at NME magazine as it is aimed at a similar age group to mine, although it is aimed at a slightly different music genre to mine. I did not like the front cover because the image has got lots of different people, whereas I prefer 1 image.
I did like the large masthead and headline.











I then went on to look at Q magazine. Q is also aimed at a similar age group and it is closer to the music genre that I am looking at. I like the front cover because it is simple but effective, with 1 large image on the background and a large masthead and headline makes these parts stand out then it has some cover lines in smaller print.








The final magazine I looked at was Mojo. Mojo was aimed at teenagers like mine will be but it is aimed at the rock music genre rather than hip-hop so I will mainly use it as a comparison.
I did not like the front cover as I think there was too much going on around the main image. I think that there were too many coverlines and I couldn't really see the headline so this should be made to stand out.
















No comments:

Post a Comment